We are looking for a Digital Strategist passionate who is about the challenges of communication for sustainable development in Africa to support WÀTU Digital Lab’s growth efforts.
Profile: Digital Communications Strategist (DCS) – Full time
- Love to dream BIG and believe in the “I’M-POSSIBLE.”
- Have a 360-degree sense of curiosity and innovation mindset in digital communication in Africa
- Be a discover and futuristic explorer of communication and marketing tools
- Be young (max. 30 years old) and proactively oriented towards the search for excellence.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team willing to achieve high standard results in communication and marketing
- Be fluently bilingual (French/English) both writing and speaking
- Be capable to handle the stress of exceptional professional situations
The main responsibilities include :
- Acting as a specialist in digital communication and providing the necessary expertise for the visibility of sustainable development initiatives and projects in Africa.
- Develop and implement an integrated communication strategy
- Document the company’s activities and develop communication products in French and English in the most appropriate manner for each target audience.
- Designing and managing tools and various print and multimedia communication supports
- Manage press relations and animate online communities around cross-cutting themes, such as agriculture, sustainable development, youth, entrepreneurship in Africa, etc.
- Evaluate, monitor new trends in the digital space and analyze the impact of online platforms (website, social networks)
- Perform any other professional duties in his or her field of competence at the request of the company.
University degree or advanced training in digital media, communication, territorial marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism, or related fields.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Proficient in communications tools, content strategy, development and editing
- Proven knowledge and experience using social media for development messaging
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills especially for digital platforms
- Maintains a working knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, social media analytical tools and management platforms like Hootsuite, Raven, Keyhole, etc.
- Proven ability to follow instructions, work under pressure as a part of a team, or independently is required.
- Proficiency in graphic design, infographics, photo editing and video editing is an asset.
- Knowledge of other languages African/international languages is an asset.
Fluency in French and English is required, both writing and speaking; excellent drafting skills as well as oral presentation skills.
The Communication & Marketing Innovator will work under the supervision of the CEO in WÀTU Digital Lab’s Office in Dakar. He/She will work with WÀTU Digital Lab’s consultants, clients and also external partners with relation to social and digital media. The position will also require periodic travel to support clients and partners activities, field missions and facilitate media content creation.
Interested candidates should send the following documents to [email protected] or via WhatsApp +221 78 155 71 21 :
- A cover letter describing how you meet the requirements listed above
- A portfolio with some examples of previous work
- An indication of your availability to undertake the job in Dakar (Senegal)
- Financial proposal for a monthly salary
Deadline: January 6, 2020, at midnight (Dakar time)