We are looking for a Business Development Strategist who is passionate about bringing values and sustaining our business model for a strong socio-economic impact in Africa to support WÀTU Digital Lab’s growth efforts.
Profile: Digital Communications Strategist (DCS) – Full time ( Dakar, 6 to 11 months)
- Love to dream BIG and believe in the “I’M-POSSIBLE.”
- Have a 360-degree sense to seize opportunities and markets in digital communication in Africa
- Be young (max. 30 years old) and proactively results-oriented oriented and turnover
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team willing to achieve high standard results in communication and marketing
- Be fluently bilingual (French/English)
- Be capable to handle the stress of exceptional professional situations
The main responsibilities include :
- Act as Sales Manager for the development of the Digital Business portfolio and provide the necessary expertise for managing B2B and B2C partnerships; and represent the company according wherever needed
- Lead the pillar 2: “Operations & Productivity Business (OPB)” and implement the commercial roadmap for long-term value creation
- Create innovative business development strategies to increase business revenue and brand value
- Research, identify, analyze and execute new business initiatives and growth opportunities within the company
- Provide strategic business orientation and make presentations to corporate and other investors
- Support management in the development of contracts, negotiations with customers and improvements in relevant business activities.
- Research market trends to identify customer demand and collect their requirements for expanding revenue streams for the business
- Develop and execute the company’s CSR projects portfolio
- Capitalize on the assets, skills and resources in the assets of WÀTU Digital Lab to generate Cash Flow
- Perform any other professional task in your area of competence at the request of the company.
University degree or advanced training in Business Administration & Development, Strategic Marketing, Commercial Management, Project Management or related fields.
- Have easy contact and the skills to build effective and solid partnerships
- Must demonstrate excellent skills in developing business plans especially for the sale of digital services
- Have a working knowledge of digital marketing and business data analysis tools, emerging trends and market opportunities
- Proven experience in managing project teams to achieve business objectives.
- Display ability to follow instructions, work under pressure as a member of a team or independently.
- Knowledge of other African and international languages is an asset.
Fluency in French and English is required, both writing and speaking; excellent drafting skills as well as oral presentation skills.
The BDS will work under the supervision of the CEO of WÀTU Digital Lab at its headquarters in Dakar. He / she will collaborate with consultants, clients and external partners of WÀTU Digital Lab in relation to the needs in commercial management and digital marketing. The position will also require periodic travel to support client and partner activities, field missions and facilitate the creation of a large business network.
Interested candidates should send the following documents to [email protected] or via WhatsApp +221 78 155 71 21 :
- A cover letter describing how you meet the requirements listed above
- A portfolio with some examples of previous work
- An indication of your availability to undertake the job in Dakar (Senegal)
- Financial proposal for a monthly salary
Deadline: January 6, 2020, at midnight (Dakar time)